Tuesday, December 05, 2006

December 5, 2006
A Brief Announcement
Thank you, all, who have been subscribing and listening to my podcast.
I have enjoyed doing these readings, and intend to continue for the foreseeable future.
I have been trying to release at least one reading per week, but most of the shorter pieces have been done.
This leaves several very long speeches. My time is more limited now than when I began this project.
I am not a flawless reader.
As I record these readings, I make mistakes, which I immediately correct if I notice them.
Every few minutes, I stop recording and I go back to clean up the recording, to remove these mistakes.
The process is similar to editing a text document, except it takes a very long time.
The remaining speeches that I intend to do are quite long, probably one to two hours each.
In order to record these, it takes a large amount of my time.
I would estimate that for each hour of final product, I put in 3 to 4 hours of time.
For this reason, and because of my limited available time, I will be releasing new recordings much less frequently than before.
The podcast will continue, but I will not be able to release new readings every week.
Some recordings may take me 3 or 4 weeks to get together.
So, for those of you who really enjoy these, please don't panic. Just be patient.
Thank you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you said that.

12/06/2006 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say that you are doing an amazing thing bringing to life the writings of RGI. It's an excellent no-nonsense podcast, and a very proficient reading of some excellent material. Glad to hear you're working on the voiceover skills... everyone can always stand to improve. No worries about the recording delay either... pace yourself! Thanks again,

Jess Gulbranson
j_gulbranson@hotmail.com

12/11/2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger Kirk said...

I can certainly understand how much effort it takes to do these reading! I hope you know how much folks enjoy them!

I don't really mind if it takes longer to listen to new material, as I've archived as many of the casts that you've done, and that I can find, and still happily listen to them all over again! B-{)

Don't burn out though, please! Never seeing another new podcast from you would be too disheartening!

12/11/2006 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home